Home Insurance

Did you know that less than 10% of people living here in the UAE have home insurance?

Having a fire or flood or theft in your home is a tragedy but for the uninsured, this is only the start of their troubles.

Home Buildings Insurance

A Home Insurance Policy for people in the UAE.

For many people their home is their greatest asset, it’s a place that protects their family and their personal treasures and so it is vitally important that you adequately protect it with a Home insurance (or house Insurance) policy.

When you are looking for insurance, you can either have a buildings insurance or contents insurance or both.

For home owners, the cost of rebuilding a property without any insurance can mean financial ruin and to avoid this, a building insurance covers the actual structure of the property (the building) and this can also includes fixed fittings inside your home such as the bath, shower, toilets etc.

It will make sure that in the event of a claim, the cost of damage to your home from things like fire, earthquakes, flood, storms, falling trees or even vandalism.
Some policies may even cover you for subsidence, water damage through a broken pool lining or a burst pipe.

Just by having a simple buildings insurance cover may protect you in the event of a natural disaster, but you must always read the policy wording and make sure! If you live in an area that’s prone to those types of event, to supplement your policy with additional natural disaster cover.

Building Insurance and Contents Insurance.

When you ask for an insurance quote from YallaClick, we look for cover that makes sure your property is not only protected by the building insurance cover but also that the building and its contents (such as your personal property) are covered too.

When you sit and calculate the cost of replacing your personal belongings you will be amazed at how quickly the value goes up.

Many insurance companies will also add on additional covers such as accidental damage, wear and tear and also liability insurance to your policy.
All these additions ensure you are fully protected for most claims.

Home Buildings and Contents Insurance

Home Contents Insurance

Renters Insurance or Tenants Insurance

If you rent instead of owning a property then a simple contents insurance only policy would be perfect for you.
A contents only policy will cover the contents of your home, and believe it or they add up to a significant amount of money.

In the event of a burglary, fire, flood or other disaster you should at least have an insurance contents cover in place that would cover the cost of replacing your personal possessions through loss or damage. 

Like any insurance policy, before you purchase your renters insurance policy take time to compare the premiums and ensure that the cover meets with your specific needs.

Tenants Liability Insurance

Consider having a tenants liability insurance policy too which provides people in rental property with cover to pay for accidental damage, to a landlord’s property and belongings.

The policy offers tenants protection against some of the most common situations that might lead to you losing your deposit – namely, accidental damage to the property’s fixtures, fittings or furniture.

This can include items such as the bath, toilet and white goods, which would prove very expensive to repair or replace if damaged by accident.

It’s worth noting, however, that tenants’ liability cover will not pay out for general wear and tear. It also won’t cover any damage that was caused deliberately

Home Liability Insurance

Whether you are looking for Home Insurance, Tenants Insurance, Buildings Insurance or any type of Property Insurance, we can help.

Home Insurance Myths and FAQ's

The cost of insuring your property can be as less than the price of a cup of coffee per month. The cost of replacing your belongings and finding alternative accommodation is far in excess of this.

Don’t assume that your landlord has extended his cover for you. Just because you do not own your own property, doesn’t mean you should neglect insuring your belongings. It is so important to safeguard yourself against liability from landlords, neighbours or other third parties in case of an accident.

Don’t put off insurance because you are considering moving home within the next few months. If you move home part way through a policy, let us know your moving date and we will instruct your insurer to change your address.
Many of the insurance companies we work with will even cover you for accidental loss or damage to your contents while they are in transit by land by professional removal contractors from your existing home to your new home (provided both homes are in the UAE).

Some insurance policies can also protect your belongings whilst you are out of the country.
If you spend more than 60 days in one period outside of the UAE and leave your home unoccupied let us know in advance and we can advise you on how you could add an additional cover as part of your insurance package.
This way, you are free to enjoy some well-earned R&R without worrying about the home you left behind.

Anything can be insured; Actors even insure body parts but the more valuable or precious the item the more it makes sense to insure it.

If you own your own house and it is mortgaged, then your bank or mortgage lender will insist that you have at least a buildings insurance cover in place to protect their loan.

If you are renting your home, then you don’t need the buildings cover, but you will need a contents insurance policy to protect your personal belongings and help cover the cost of replacing your things if you suffer a loss.

If you would like a quote for a property that you own and rent out to tenants, complete our home insurance form and we will source the quote for you.

Open chat
Need help or support?
Chat to us!
Hi there!
Click Open chat and chat to us by Whatsapp